the KX3 Companion development is going quite fast and I just decided to stop for today and here’s the list of the new features that are already coded and tested:
- Added new heat map for the spectrum/waterfall (based on QGRX free software)
- Now the Name field shows both the Name + Surname from QRZ.com
- By long clicking on the QTH field, the exact location of the OM is shown on Google Maps. Longitude and latitude on QRZ.com
- By long clicking the LOCATOR field, the distance and the bearing is calculated. You still need to set your locator in the new personal info section of the settings
- By long clicking the NAME field, all the fields are cleared
- Macros creation (long click of a macro button) now lets you set a label, the command and a color for the label (much like in the KX3 KeyApp)
- It’s possible to load/save any number of macro templates(!)
- added the <GREET> dynamic info that based on the time of the day is substituted by GM/GA/GE/GN
Now the “only” missing important (read “programming intensive”) feature is the implementation of the Macro Programming Language. I already know how to do it, so it’s only a matter of finding the time to code and test it. Shouldn’t take long.
So I’m pretty confident that I’ll be able to release the new update by the end of the weekend.
Thanks to all those writing me suggesting new features.
That’s all for today.
72/73, Andrea IU4APC