A fully featured QRSS (Slow CW) Beacon on Android. You can select a DIT duration from 1 to 60 seconds and choose one of the 3 supported modes: QRSS, FSK/CW and DFCW.
You need to connect the audio out of your Android device to the audio in of your radio and an enable VOX.
How it works:
- Choose the message you want to send (eg. IU4APC JN64DD)
- Set the DIT duration (from 1 to 60 seconds). The app automatically calculates the message duration and the minimum frame duration.
- Optionally set a custom frame duration (the time between the start of every message repetition). Frame duration can’t be smaller than message duration.
- Select the mode: QRSS (slow CW), FSK/CW or DFCW
- Select the center frequency (between 450Hz and 550Hz)
- For FSK/CW and DFCW you can select if you want the shift to be higher or lower the main frequency
- Press START
You can STOP the message whenever you want and also change any of the parameters as well, even during the transmission.
The Message Time shows you how much time has passed and how much is left.
Same applies to the Frame Time.
The QRSS Beacon app is available in the Google Store from here:
More information here:
I hope that you’ll like it and enjoy using it.
72/73, Andrea IU4APC